Welcome to The Skimmer on Marine Ecosystems and Management, the monthly information service on ocean planning and ecosystem-based management. The Skimmer serves over 8,500 members of the global resource management community with news, views, analysis, and tips gathered from experts around the world.
New this month in The Skimmer:
- Ecological grief: New research on the mental health consequences of working in marine conservation and management in a time of rapid global change
- Latest News and Resources for Ocean Planners and Managers
- The EBM Toolbox: The state of conservation planning tools: Looking back and ahead with Patrick Crist of PlanIt Forward
- We’ve added nine new games!
- MSP Challenge: Marine spatial planning stakeholders learn by playing
To view previous issues of The Skimmer (previously MEAM), click here.
The Skimmer and this website are published by OCTO, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, in association with the University of Washington School of Marine and Environmental Affairs. Financial support for The Skimmer comes from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the David and Lucile Packard Foundation.